Through Excel, Mina has curated and organized many trade shows designed to encourage investment. Some of the shows include India-Afghanistan, Afghanistan-Kazakhstan, Afghanistan-Italy, and Afghanistan-United Arab Emirates.
The shows have been business-to-business, business-to-consumer, investor matchmaking, and sector-focused.
The trade shows have included the following:
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Afghanistan-funded Trade Show Support (TSS)
- Mina and her team planned and executed the Second Annual Passage to Prosperity (P2P2) India-Afghanistan International Trade & Investment Show in Mumbai from September 12-15, 2018
- Afghan Treasures in Italy Luxury Show in Milan from June 26-27, 2019
- Passage to Prosperity Central Asia Show in Almaty, Kazakhstan from August 1-4, 2019
- Third Annual Passage to Prosperity (P2P3) India-Afghanistan International Trade and Investment Show took place from September 24-26, 2019.
The TSS activity also supported the Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MoIC)-sponsored Afghanistan pavilion at the largest international carpets show. TSS leveraged several of USAID/Afghanistan’s existing projects and drew from various sectors – home décor, marble, gems & jewelry, carpets, services (finance, transport, others), construction, agriculture, and more. The TSS project had a tremendous impact on the participating businesses, both in numbers of deals discussed and signed, and in the re-casting of Afghanistan as a good place to do business and invest in.
Excel organized for the participation of 30 Afghan businessmen and women in a successful wholesale market for agricultural businesses at the Gulfood Trade Show, the largest food and beverage trade exhibition in the world held annually.
There, they displayed their pomegranates, juices, apples, saffron, dried fruit, and nut products. Excel also supported the participation of seven women in the Gulfood 2014 Exhibition from February 23–27, 2014. Collectively, all companies established $10 million in potential deals with diverse international companies and interested buyers.